Hi everyone! Today I’m sharing two more cards I created using Queen & Company’s latest kit, Candy Land. It’s packed with pre-cut foam to coordinate with the candy and candy jar dies, pre-cut acetate, paper pad, stamps, eleven bags of toppings, four fiber packs and a handy storage pocket to contain all the sweetness!
On my first card, I did something a little different and created a shaker that can be seen inside the card, like a little window of candy.
I used the candy die to cut shapes from several patterns in the Candy Land paper pad. I laid them out on my card front, adhering and trimming all but the one in the center. With the turquoise candy positioned in place (but not adhered), I lightly traced the inside of the circle with a pencil. I then used a slightly bigger circle die to die-cut an opening through the front of my card base. I adhered one of the pre-cut acetate shapes to the back of the card front covering the opening then adhered a white die-cut candy over the acetate. This creates a clean finish on the inside and provides a base for the toppings. (I highly recommend picking up a tube of Sheer Glue as I have found this to work best with acetate.)
I then adhered the coordinating foam shape over the opening on the front of the card, filled with toppings and adhered a second pre-cut acetate circle. After adhering the turquoise die-cut over the shaker, I tied a bit of string around each side of the candy.
Next, I used the fun fibers included in the Candy Land kit to create two sticks of pink and blue cotton candy.
I first watercolored a bit in the background using pink and blue distress inks. Once dried, I stamped two candy sticks. I created longer sticks by first stamping the initial images. I then added a piece of clear removable tape across the bottom portion of the sticks, creating a mask. I aligned and stamped the additional impressions of each and removed the tape. The small bit of overlapping ink is covered by the ribbon.
I pulled apart two thin pieces from the pink and blue fibers then rolled them together, pulling the fibers apart a bit in between the colors to sort of blend the two together. I used hot glue to attach each, shaping and tucking the fibers with a toothpick before the glue dried.
I stamped the sentiment then die-cut in a small tag shape and adhered to the ribbon with string (which I colored to match using a Copic marker).
Thanks so much for stopping by!