The My Favorite Things design team is back today to preview three new sets, Fred Bear Goes Camping, Emma With Her Backpack and Wyatt and His Wagon. As I mentioned yesterday, we have teaser prizes this month so be sure to leave comments as you visit each blog. You can find the complete list of participating DT members HERE after 11 a.m. EST. Today there is an Emma set hidden along the way as well as a Wyatt set! :) Fun, right? Two free sets!
The tree was die-cut using a new Die-namics Tree and Leaf Trio set (which works perfectly with our Sheltering Tree set). If you look closely, you can see that the bark is embossed into the die-cut. I only ran the die through my Cuttlebug once and still achieved that degree of embossing. That’s a plus in my book! As a little extra, I used two of the smaller leaves to create the knotted end of a “bandanna” tied around Fred’s neck.
I also used the new Small Scallops border along the bottom of my card front.
(Click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic.)
On the inside, I lightly stamped a silhouette of the image and repeatedly stamped part of the sentiment, leaving a bit of space for a note.
- Check Kim’s blog each morning after 11 a.m. EST for direct links to designer samples of each day’s featured sets and products.
- Leave comments for your chance to win one of the new sets. Prizes are awarded EVERY DAY leading up to the release on Wednesday, August 4th, 10 p.m. EST.
- Check back on Kim’s blog after each day of teasers to see if you’ve won the previous day’s prize!
- Join us for our pre-release party in the MFT Member Forum for fun chatter… and more prizes!
- Release and Blog Hop and Shop August 4th, 10 p.m. EST. Be sure to leave comments there too as there’s always a prize hidden somewhere along the hop.
- And don’t forget about our Guest Designer Contest! Details HERE.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!
Stamps: My Favorite Things “Fred Bear Goes Camping” Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Desert Sand Cardstock: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, MFT cream Perfect Paper Panel Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy Happy Campers, Nature Walk, Gojumpina Lake Accessories: Copic markers (E08, E31, E33, E35, E57, E71, YR16, YR23, Y15, R20, W1, W3), MFT Tree and Leaf Trio and Small Scallops Die-namics, piercing template/needle, Stampin’ Up Chocolate Chip marker. Finished size 5 ½” x 4 ¼”.